What to have in the press pack? and why is it important having one?
To have exposure in the industry for employment. It is a way to express your work and who you are. You could be the best at it but if you don’t show your work in a professional way to sell yourself it is difficult to get out there. The main purpose is employment.
What to put in:
- Business Card
- CV (wider folded or of the size of the presentation pack to fit in)
- Portfolio on Usb but it is better to showcase them online on a professional website. In order to protect your work, have low res pictures and watermark them.
- Fabric Swatch (if the designs are in big scale it is better to maybe have a cad visual attached)
- A Statement (maybe with a picture and who you are)
- A token, a little pencil, sticker, key-ring to insert or attach to the envelop
- Envelops (better plastic free)
- Presentation pack with pockets to keep all the rest inside
- The size of the press pack, to be able to post it
- Is it worth sending it out to the industry paper based or nowadays is it better digital? Both? To have tangible samples is also an important consideration.
We have to provide 3 press packs for the Exposure Module
For the group Press Pack provide some of the following:
- catalog book with the post cards and pictures or statements
- videos (of technical practice like digital embroidery and other activities)
- A Pack for the work to go in
- different page sizes
- different paper
- mood boards
- work in progress
- colour chips
- cad visuals
80% of the mark is about the collection
20% is about Professional Practice, presentation and Press Pack